there is no crime in being kind

Why hello there! My name is Jessie, I'm 21, and I live in NY. I'm a hardcore vegan and animal rights activist. I always follow fellow vegans back!

To borrow and alternate a quote from one of Sylvia Plath's poems: "Writing is the bone and sinew of my curse."


DFTBA!

utena-tfln:

[Photoset - First image is Anthy looking sad after Utena left with Akio. Second image is Utena and Akio riding a horse together.]

[Text - (829): I wish you looked at me the way you looked at my brothers penis]

xx-blackpanther:

prettyboyshyflizzy:

candidinatlanta:

"As the protesters marched through the streets, it began to storm. Every time the thunder crashed, the protesters would cheer louder and louder. It seemed as if mother nature herself were cheering them on.."

We ain’t going away this time

Amazing.

(via snarkopticon)

shopgrrrl:

matilda eats a strawberry 6.30.13

(via droolylilprincess)

thecellochick13:

Finally finished my Nerdfighter t-shirt quilt!!! I’m so happy with how it turned out!! No one really gets all the nerdy stuff but I know and nerd fighters will know and that’s all that matters to me!! The 2nd one down on the left is DFTBA in galifrey, sadly the camera couldn’t pick it up. I thought the constellation fabric was fitting, and I loved the handwritten-letter print too much not to have it! So grateful to everyone who helped me with this project and to everyone who taught me how to make it! DFTBA

(via fishingboatproceeds)

seedy:

HOW DO PEOPLE EMAIL TEACHERS SO QUICKLY I SIT THERE FOR 1 HOUR TRYING TO WORK OUT WHETHER TO START OFF WITH HI OR HELLO 

(via youngadultread)

junknerdgifs:

I love how Kya, who has been nothing but the sassy, estranged aunt for a season and a half is the first to discover Zaheer and even keeps pace with him until he cuts and runs from the temple.

Also, wasn’t until capturing these moments that I realized how Kya’s style of waterbending focuses heavily on holding water in a spinning ring.

(via manofmer)

tempeh-queen:

Step 1. Don’t.
Step 2. That’s it.

(via compassionco)

Me and Button :)

Asker Anonymous Asks:
You mean only vegans have the right to campaign about ending animal cruelty? Way to go coming off as a classist.
undiscoveredstory undiscoveredstory Said:

acti-veg:

What about that assertion is classist? Your implication that vegan = middle class however, is classist. I am militantly working class, and ate very little meat even before I become vegan, because we could not afford it. The most impoverished people in the world eat plant based diets, meat is a luxury, it is only comparatively cheap in the west because we subsidise it to a ridiculous degree.

I am not convinced that you understand what classism is? Veganism is not a class. I am simply stating that you cannot campaign for animals to have rights, while simultaneously believing they do not have the right to be alive, the right for self-determination or the right to decide what is done with their own bodies. 98% of animals who are victims of abuse, are abused by the meat, dairy and egg industries… So are you just advocating for the remaining 2% to be treated well? 

I cannot legitimately advocate for women’s rights, while simultaneously engaging in misogynistic and sexist behaviour. I cannot campaign against animal cruelty, while living a lifestyle that promotes, funds and requires animal cruelty. The two positions are wholly incompatible. 

I honestly can’t believe we have to remind people that plants and cows are not the same thing.
skeletonwrekt in the most accurate comment ever regarding the “plants hav feefees 2” argument (via vegan-vulcan)

(via manofmer)